3rd ACM International Workshop on
Services Integration in Pervasive Environments
July 6-10, 2008, Sorrento, Italy
Presentations available !
Program available !
Download Call For Papers
In the last years, service-oriented computing and pervasive computing are emerging as the next computing paradigms. Service-oriented computing allows to easily develop, publish and use software functionalities. Pervasive computing rests on mobile and/or embedded devices, available anywhere and anytime, that can potentially provide services. Bringing these two trends together raises the new challenge of integrating/unintegrating, in an application, non-predefined services just discovered in the pervasive environment.
Three main sub-areas of this challenge are tackled in this workshop:
We welcome the submission of papers from the full spectrum of issues related to services integration in pervasive environments. The list of topics includes, but is not limited to:
- Frameworks/Infrastructures for services integration: different developing frameworks exist and can be used or modified to ease services integration; different deployment infrastructures also exist and can be adapted to take into account the pervasive nature of the environment.
- Services interactions: allowing non-predefined services to interact implies to have 'smart' and adaptive matching and communication mechanisms.
- Dynamic combining of services: because pervasive environments are highly dynamic, the integration of services needs to be aware of context changes to choose the more appropriate combining/deployment techniques.
Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts, which should be written in English and with a very precise and concise presentation of no more than 6 pages in ACM format. Authors are invited to send their manuscripts as an attachment (PDF or PS format) by email to the workshop chair at email@example.com. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper. Workshop proceedings will be included in the edition of the ICPS conference, published by ACM.
- Developing frameworks for services integration
- Deployment infrastructures for services integration
- Semantic services discovery and matching
- Adaptive communication protocols for pervasive services
- Context-aware integration
- Aspect-oriented approaches in pervasive environments
- Services composition and choreography in pervasive environments
- Integration strategies
- Monitoring and management of services integration
- Contracting and negotiating approaches of integration
- Ontologies of integration
- Secure pervasive integration
- Business integration approaches for pervasive services
- Enterprise service integration
- Autonomic integration
For further formatting details, please follow the link below for directions on how to format the camera ready version of your manuscript: http://www.sheridanprinting.com/typedept/icps.htm
- Submission of papers: April 25, 2008 * Deadline extension *
- Notification of acceptance: May 16, 2008
- Camera-ready version of papers: May 19, 2008
- Workshop date: July 7, 2008
- Yolande Berbers -- (KU Leuven, Belgium)
- Tarak Chaari -- (LAAS, France)
- Filip De Turck -- (Ghent University, Belgium)
- Didier Donsez -- (University Joseh Fourier, France)
- Stéphane Frénot -- (INRIA / INSA Lyon, France)
- Nikolaos Georgantas -- (INRIA, France)
- Sajid Hussain -- (Acadia University, Canada)
- Noha Ibrahim -- (INRIA / INSA Lyon, France)
- Julia Kantorovitch -- (VTT, Finland)
- Rüdiger Kapitza -- (FAU-Erlangen, Germany)
- Frédéric Le Mouël -- (INRIA / INSA Lyon, France)
- Nicolas Le Sommer -- (University of South Brittany, France)
- Jorge Parra -- (IKERLAN, Spain)
- Pravin Pawar -- (University of Twente, The Netherlands)
- Philippe Roose -- (University of Pau, France)
- Ioanna Roussaki -- (NTUA, Greece)
- Ichiro Satoh -- (NII, Japan)
- Sotirios Terzis -- (University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom)
- Andrew Tokmakoff -- (Philips Research, The Netherlands)
Each talk will last 30mn (20mn presentation, 10mn questions).
Online registration is open in the ICPS'08 registration web page.
To find hotel information and venue details, refer to ICPS'08 web site.
- 10h45 - 11h00 : Opening -- Frédéric Le Mouël, Stéphane Frénot (INRIA Amazones / INSA Lyon, France) [pdf]
- 11h00 - 12h30 : Session 1 -- Web Services and Applications
"Towards Effects-Based Service Description and Integration in Pervasive Environments " [pdf]
Aitor Urbieta, Ekain Azketa, Inma Gomez, Jorge Parra (Ikerlan Technological Research Centre) Nestor Arana (Mondragon Unibertsitatea)
"Towards Understanding the Role of Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard in Automated Negotiation of Service Level Agreements" [pdf]
Donato Barbagallo, Marco Comuzzi (Politecnico di Milano)
"Genetic Algorithm-Based Optimization of Service Composition and Deployment" [pdf]
Yves Vanrompay, Peter Rigole, Yolande Berbers (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven)
- 12h30 - 14h00 : Lunch
- 14h00 - 15h00 : Session 2 -- Context-aware Services
"Architecture and Models of the DANAH Assistive System" [pdf]
Saïd Lankri, Pascal Berruet, André Rossi, Jean-Luc Philippe (European University of Brittany)
"User-centric Inference Based on History of Context Data in Pervasive Environments" [pdf]
Nikos Kalatzis, Ioanna Roussaki, Nicolas Liampotis (National Technical University of Athens) Maria Strimpakou, Carsten Pils (Waterford Institute of Technology)
- 15h00 - 15h30 : Coffee break
- 15h30 - 16h30 : Session 3 -- Context-aware Services
"Towards Context Independence in Distributed Context-aware Applications by the Model Driven Approach"
Samyr Vale (University of Angers and ESEO) Slimane Hammoudi (ESEO)
"A Model for Resource Specification in Mobile Services" [pdf]
Hamid Mukhtar, Djamel Belaïd, Guy Bernard (Institut TELECOM/TELECOM & Management SudParis)
- 16h30 - 17h00 : Round table -- "Challenges and Guidelines for Pervasive Integration" -- Frédéric Le Mouël, Stéphane Frénot (INRIA Amazones / INSA Lyon, France) [pdf]
in cooperation with
University of Arizona